Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[60 / 13 / 35]

Beginner Gear General - Poor Fag Edition

No.2503231 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I wanted to make a thread for General new gear and where to get it. Also for Larpers and Woodsman alike to avoid the pit falls I fell into when choosing gear for the first time over 2 years ago. i'll try to aim for a good gear loadout under 200$. Also any criticisms or better options should be talked about here.

Ill first go by stating the things no anon should ever cheap out on.
>boots
you should aim for boots over 200$ price range eventually, but if you are just getting started buy military surplus boots. But If you can avoid do not buy the recent desert tan army boots that run 20$. They have very thick soles and no ankle support , its a good way to give yourself a sprang ankle, they are also not very breathable or water proof. But I used them for a year so they are workable but do have a week or 2 brake in period.

Next is backpacks I see many on here choose a military surplus backpack, My experience with a US military molle 2 rucksack is that its usable at best but too heavy. Military sacrifices price and quality material for an indestructible pack that an idiot can't destroy. You are better off with a used frame backpack or internal backpack.

I have found that most milltary backpacks are around 65-120$ a used backpacking bag is around 20$ on shopgoodwill.com. I hear you say that you don't want to stand out in the woods , I would say their are plenty of waterproof rain flys for your bag that come in non-IRreflective camo for 45$ or a Chinese rain fly for 10$ on amazon, which are better than what ever camo you were thinking about buying any how. A good capacity is 65 liters, this is considered 3 day bag but if your smart you can fit rations for a full week in it. 55 liters is fine but the limit for fitting a sleeping bag and not limiting the gear you might want to take. Finally you need to have a waist support for your backpack as well as a frame , this should go without saying a duffel bag is a pain to hull around 5 miles.