Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 4 / 8]

BSG Bivy Sack General

No.2514694 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I got this surplus GI bivy off of sportsman’s guide for about 80$ almost a year ago now and I have absolutely loved it. Despite it being the first thing that pops up when you search bivy sack on jewgle this thing is a damn solid piece of gear.
I have always despised carrying around the bulk of a tent, and hated that I couldn’t use a hammock comfortably in the cold.
The zippers on this thing are fucking solid, I have had bad experiences with zippers breaking or coming undone so you’re basically permanently unzipped and kinda fucked, but not this thing, it’s well made.
I have used it in the jungle in the rain, as well as in the extreme cold up in MT/Albertastan and it has kept me dry without fail. I might have a slight bit of dampness/condensation from my breath but that’s just the reality of using a bivy.
My only complaint is that I don’t like the feel of the material touching my face while I try to sleep (there is nothing supporting it so it just droops down on top of you) but this is easily fixed by propping it up with a stick or something, it’s not a big deal I am just nitpicking. If I have time and the weather is nice I might set up a tarp over top of my bivy so I can sleep with my head outside of it,
The thing is pretty roomy, and this is coming from a 6 foot 4 dude with wide ass shoulders, I have had no issues fitting in it even with heaviest duty sleeping bags. A full size sleeping pad fits perfectly fine inside of it, with room to adjust/slide it around.

9.5/10 would recommend

Post bivy pics, experiences, tips and tricks.