Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[51 / 10 / 36]

First time hunter questions

No.2624758 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello anons, I'm about to get my PAL (hunting license in Canada) and looking to get my first rifle. Canada's government is looking to ban seemingly all guns and has already gotten rid of rather odd choices, labeling them 'assault weapons'. I think it's pretty obvious any left leaning government that gets in will slowly ban everything and so I'm looking to get a high quality rifle, something that'll last my lifetime and then my child's lifetime too. As such, I'm prepared to spend a pretty penny but not sure what to go for. I'm fairly set on .308 WIN or 30-06 caliber as I feel the .300 win is probably too much power for what I'm looking for. I'd mainly be hunting deer/caribou and moose, and while the .300 is probably wonderful for both I'm mainly concerned about the effect it has on barrel life. I think I've narrowed my search down to 5 rifles. I've got the choice between the Model 70 featherweight, the Tikka T3x Lite Veil, the Weatherby Mark V Hunter, Sako 85, and the B-14 Wilderness Ridge.

Anyone have any experience with these hunting rifles? Was leaning towards the Model 70 but I think a synthetic stock would be better since I do plan on doing longer hunting trips in potentially poor weather conditions. I wasn't sure if /out/ or /k/ was the right board but anytime I look at /k/ it's mostly racist shitposting or weird /pol/ type conversations on Russia and Ukraine.