Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[46 / 10 / ?]

No.268354 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
hey guys. what's your idea of camping? Seems like there is some variation on the interpretation here so I thought it might make an interesting thread just to see what other /out/ posters take it to.

For me camping it usually heading out to a logging road, putting up a tent near the road by a creek. Usually in these areas there are already some sort of fire pit put together and if I'm lucky a chopping block. Like to keep the car close by just in case and to keep any food. Usually it's not a well traveled area so it's very quiet and at night you're alone for maybe 20km, sometimes more, sometimes less. I stopped doing the designated camping thing because too many drunken idiots. Plus the fishing is always phenomenal out in these remote areas. Tend to stay out maybe 3 days on average. Normal gear is an axe, hatchet, few tarps, box full of cooking stuff, tent, sleeping bag down to about -5C, heavy duty air mattress, extra blankets, a fold up chair, cooler with enough food to get by, and fishing gear.

First time I went out solo there was a pack of wolves howling about 50m away. Scared the shit out of me, and even now I like to keep a maglite and scan from time to time by the fire.