Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[48 / 9 / ?]

Land help

No.2711609 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I just want to live in a small cabin in the woods. I don't care about running water, indoor plumbing, electricity, "homesteading," proximity to cities, or any of this other stuff. I can capture small game, shit in a bucket, and collect rainwater if it means I can be free. I think a lot of you probably share this mindset, so hopefully you can share some good wisdom that you found.
My problem is having no idea how to find affordable land that's suitable for this purpose.
>Landwatch, Landandfarms, Craigslist etc
Sorting by affordability, you have to chew through dozens of listings that don't actually allow you to use the land (stuff like mining claims), or listings that have the price set to the monthly price, and you have to dig through the description to figure out how much they actually want for it, or parcels of completely uninhabitable desert, and other shit.
Even if I could find a decent listing on one of these sites, I would then need to spend hours making sure I'm not going to get cucked by state, county, or local laws and regulations that make it illegal to shit in a bucket, or cut down trees, or something retarded like that.
The biggest problem is that every township and county has its own unique set of laws, so even if I could narrow down my search to one state, that's still tens or hundreds of localities that I need to research extensively.
>Look for land offerings in person
How? Drive around in the middle of nowhere looking for "For Sale" signs? Join the facebook groups of every town and county in the region I'm interested in?
If the only feasible way is to spend the insane amount of time researching and trying to catch unicorn listings on these websites, then I'll do it. But for the amount of people who talk about having bought remote acreage for living off grid or "homesteading," there's no way they are all doing hundreds of hours of research to find the perfect spot, right?