Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[31 / 5 / ?]

What do I need to go somewhere really remote?

No.2757584 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I've been lurking here and there for a few years now and I keep seeing people going seemingly to the middle of nowhere (miles from any signs of civilization) to very beautiful sights. I grew up very sheltered and leashed and so most of my outdoor experiences were spent less than half a mile from my parents' car parked near a 'scenic drive' road. I was a very adventurous kid and even had some experience gym climbing but my mother was deathly afraid to let me do anything riskier than a steep hike.

Ever since moving out, I've been trying to get out and hike more and I'm lucky enough to live in an area where it's really very beautiful, but I've never really understood how people go to the middle of nowhere. I know how ridiculous it sounds to ask, since the answer is probably just "you just fucking go", but how do you guys find/go to some of these places? Do you have GPS or maps or something? Do you just wander until you find somewhere you like or does someone give you a recommendation?

In a couple of weeks I'm going to Norway for about 5 months for my job and I've seen some of the natural beauty and so I don't want to miss out on anything doing normalcuck shit. I'd also appreciate advice on what to see there (past just the default answers like fjords)

picrel: meadow from sequoia natl park