Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[43 / 16 / ?]

Watercraft general

No.346584 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Can we have a watercraft general? What do you use to get /out/ on the water?

Tips, Advice and questions welcome or just show off your craft, share future projects upgrades etc. Got a couple of questions as only had mine (pic related) for a few months and only been out 10 times in it.

What is the best way to counter-balance the boat when you're by yourself? Went out by myself for the first time recently and shat myself as the boat nearly tipped over when I leaned back to lower the prop and Transducer into the water, the top of the boat was only an inch or two above water, plus it's uncomfy as all shit sitting on an angle all day. Should I get a few sandbags? Even putting all my stuff and anchor to the other side is nowhere near enough to make a notable difference.

Regarding transportation, how do you tow your boat? with the prop tilted all the way up or left as is? I normally leave it all the way up but with a friends boat it is recommended he should leave it down as the little catch thing that holds it up could break on bumpy/offroad tracks (though his outboard is a diff make and model and has a different tilt lock system to mine)