Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[46 / 19 / ?]

No.490596 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Lets see your knife sheaths /out/

I'm gonna buy a schrade scf9 as my first real knife next weekend. It has great reviews and whatnot, made from good steel and pretty much the shape and size I'm looking for, and for 50 bucks you can't do better. May be a bit big for detail work but I carry a leatherman surge around too so I've got that covered.

The only drawback is it comes with a crappy nylon sheath, so I started looking into custom sheaths and some of the stuff out there blew my mind, and inspired me to make a custom sheath for this knife that can hold some other outdoor essentials in case i get into a bind.

I wanna do a kydex (or boltaron or similar) sheath since it seems easy to do at home and produces a good looking sheath thats formed right to the blade. I want to attach at least the following items;
-swedish firesteel (scout or army model, not sure yet)
-falkiven dc3 sharpener
-25 ft paracord
-couple fish hooks
-50 ft of 6-8 lb fishing line
-50 ft of 50 lb fishing line (for snares and shit)
-maglite solitare flashlight (thats a maybe, could be too much at that point)

I also saw a pretty cool idea on a forum where a guy used a rubber bike inner tube overtop of the whole deal just to seal everything up and keep it contained. also im sure i could find some use for rubber in the wild, even just as an easy fuel source

If i had the craftsmanship or money to make/buy a sheath like pic related i would, alas i do not