Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[22 / 6 / ?]

No.524373 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hiya --

Getting my poop in a group for a trip with wife to SEA, specifically Vietnam and Cambodia.

Looking into some sort of water bottle/filter with critter-removing properties. Not looking to treat gallons, just water-bottle or glass-of-water at a time.

My preliminary understanding is that choices come down to mechanical or chemical or UV treatment of the water.

Chemical is out, don't like the taste.

Mechanical seems cheapest and easiest. but the filtration, while adequate to take out protozoa and bacteria, seems likely to let viruses through,

UV "filtration" that zaps everything including viruses costs more, and having used UV filtration for aquaria before I am darkly suspicious of any claim that a two minute exposure to the intensity of UV you can make with a little "steripen" is going to do anything to most protozoans other than give them a healthy tan.

So I turn to /trv/ -- which of these have you used in the past, and what were your results. On the off chance you happen to be an expert on the whole question, please feel free to go on at great length.

Thanks.

(Crossposted from /trv/ who have always been very helpful to me, posting here as well because more of you guys may have direct experience or knowledge, and because you seem like a nice place...Pic only slightly related, it has some water in it...)