Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[138 / 34 / ?]

gear recommendation thread

No.531636 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Basically stuff that has worked for you and which you would recommend to others:

-uncle mac's sportsman's utility cord: basically paracord lite. quite stong and durable and I'm able to carry more with the smaller diameter.

-luci light: light, compact, quick to charge, bright. inflatable solar lantern. I think anyone going lightweight needs to look into this for lighting.

-bahco laplander saw: very light folding saw. inexpensive, nice rubberized handle grip, my only complaint is the blade sticks on me sometimes and it is slower than my sven saw.

-texsport 2 man trail tent: bought this recently and it comes down to a fairly lightweight pup tent that packs reasonably small and works pretty decent as a one man tent. Only real complaint on it is it needs to be resealed a bit better when you buy it because it tends to leak a bit where the side guide ropes attach. included pegs are decent steel but could be changed out to aluminum and I'd change out the guide ropes to the above mentioned cord. As I'd mentioned in another thread, I think the poles could be omitted and just made in the field.