Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[73 / 13 / ?]

UK Thread - fires discussion

No.576906 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
This is a picture I didn't want to put on a UK Wild Camping group on facebook because I had a fire (I was in Scotland, they couldn't give a fuck as long as you do it safely).

Their rules, their board, fair enough.

A few days later I noticed a thread where an image was deleted, turns out someone had posted a bivvy with a few branches on it (they were on a military excercise) and then a commenter was rudely put down and evicted for suggesting that maybe this wasn't such a bad thing in the grand scheme of things. Cue loads of people spouting 'leave no trace' 'take in all the gear you need', 'cutting down saplings is wrong' type of shit.

Now, I know Britain is a small island and we don't have vast areas of wilderness, especially the national parks get a lot of visitors. I understand that if every cunt started bushcrafting the shit out of everything it would destroy some of the natural beauty of the place. However. I was surprised with the vehemency the admins had towards any mention of bushcraft, and when I questioned whether this was a genuine belief or whether it was just board rules to keep it legal, and digressed a little into how bushcraft mght not be so bad, I too was immediately evicted.

I'm puzzled. I thought everyone liked campfires although obviously you can't light them anywhere. I also think that it's surely better to be able to make use of what nature provides, and learn how to not abuse your resources, than rely on plastic and metal items bought from afar (especially as end-of-life plastic is becoming such a major pollutant).

So, what do people on here think?