Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 6 / ?]

Portable Radio/Emergency Radio

No.584965 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /out/, I've been looking for an /out/door radio, one take along for enjoyment or maybe for a bug-out bag.
Thing is, I'm not sure what I should get, there's just so many different radios and it's really hard to pick one out.
There's quite a few radios with a crank and solar panels but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to go with gimmicks like that when some cheap radios seem to last a long while on just a couple of AA batteries.

The main things I've been looking at are size and price of course but also I'd prefer an analogue style radio over a digital one and one that just uses batteries over an internal battery pack.
Now there are quite a few radios that would be ideal but the main problem is availability.
The Sony ICF-S10 (pic related) for example, a cheap radio that gets quite a bit of praise, seems like a good cheap radio but I am not able to get my hands on one here in Europe and overall portable pocket radios seem to become a rarity.

I also checked out the website of Sony Japan and there for whatever reason they still have a ton of cool little radios.

Basically, just looking for opinions on the subject, do you carry a radio with you?
Do you have a specific radio for emergency shit?

Anyway, I feel like I've already put way too much time in something that could've been solved easily.