Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[151 / 20 / ?]

Shitty Campers Thread

No.588144 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
We had one of these a while back and there were some good stories. Since Labor Day weekend more or less just ended I imagine many of us have stories about shitty campers doing shitty things.

My story:
My friends and I went car-camping (yeah, yeah, I know...) at a lake for the weekend. The first two nights were OK aside from a site occupied by teens or college kids who stayed up late playing some trivia game. Sunday morning the whole place started to clear out and it began to get pretty quiet and peaceful.

At 9pm, however, a huge Mexican family showed up and began to unpack a huge grill and a massive cooler full of beer. They started blasting hispanic music and set up a bright as fuck light. They never set up any tents and it was obvious they were just having a BBQ or something, which was fine with me at first... But then we saw them build a huge ass camp fire in the middle of one of the tent sites, completely ignoring the purpose built fire pit. The boys started ripping branches off of trees while the girls were running around stomping on frogs.

At 11pm when it was obvious they had no intention of going anywhere and letting people try to get the fuck to sleep we called the park ranger who showed up almost 40 minutes later. Unfortunately, 10 minutes before he showed up the lady at the campsite next to us completely lost her shit and started screaming at them. At the same time her husband was trying to politely and diplomatically ask them to shut the music down and turn off the light. They did so but continued to talk loudly until 2am before they finally packed up and left. Of course, they also left a massive fire still burning (which I put out) as well as several trash bags of beer cans sitting on top of the picnic table. Apparently it was too much work carrying them to the dumpster 50 yards away...