Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[5 / 2 / ?]

Camping Stories

No.656311 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi /out/, wanna share camping stories if you have any good ones?

Here's one from last night:
>Me and boyfriend decide to go camping at Lake Louisa state park
>go there and look around, its super lame
>decide on going to Lake Eaton at the Ocala National Forest
>get there at 6:00PM
>quickly set up tent and try to get a fire going before sunset
>sun sets twenty minutes after we get there
>only have shitty flashlights and a citronella lamp
>set everything up and start cooking steaks over a charcoal grill
>fast forward a few cozy hours
>in tent at 10PM
>talking quietly and suddenly we hear deep heavy breathing right outside my side of the tent
>didn't hear footsteps or leaves crunching or anything
>deep heavy breathing continues for a few minutes, can only hear the exhales that are spaced a few seconds apart
>there'd be no reason for a bear to approach the tent because we placed all the food back into the jeep in a cooler and cleaned up all of our trash already, unless this is that one rabid black bear you'd hear about in the news
>don't have any bear spray on us anyways
>boyfriend says "I'll grab the gun" incase its a person, we left the rifle back at home
>breathing stops completely a few seconds later, still don't hear any movement outside
>give it a few seconds and exit tent slowly, get into jeep and turn high beams on and the car to face the tent
>start packing everything up because we aren't actually prepared to defend ourselves against a bear or person trying to kill us
>leave

I'm sure it was just a bear, but the fact that it disappeared after we mentioned grabbing a gun was a little worrisome especially since Ocala National Forest is known for being a hunting ground for serial killers and also rainbow people during the winter.