Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[134 / 18 / ?]

LC

No.685376 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
LC Thread One

Hello /out/. I would like to take you all on a journey with me, more similar to that of a joint project that I will dedicate to this board and effectively archive.

With winter ending, salt levels are slowly decreasing on this board, so I thought it would be a good time to introduce the idea.
I am starting to plan the building of an off the grid log cabin.

I am buying land in an area where I can effectively hunt, grow plants, fish, and do other /out/ related activities. This will be in the northeastern united states. I will be using the cabin as a weekend getaway from busy city life.

About me ..

I have been a lurker on /out/ for 2 years now and this is my first ever post. There is no other place id rather get advice from than /out/, i know that there are people here that will put me in the right direction.

My /out/ experience is not great but I am ready to learn. Id like to get back to nature, starting with the basics. Ive been learning how to handle fire arms, start and build fires, chop down trees properly, etc etc. I am physically fit and will be purchasing an out vehicle by the end of the year ( currently own a 2005 chevy astro, going to buy an old ford pickup ) Funds aren’t a problem for this project but i still want to make it an honest and genuine project from scratch.

When all is said and done I would like to dedicate something on my property to the members of /out/ who helped me on this journey.

Basically every thread i decide to create, I would like to take valuable information from anons and use it towards my log cabin project in the future. As long as i get one useful idea or tip per thread i make, then it is successful.

Currently heading to a rugby match but I will be back this evening to check back on this thread. I know there is a lot of good people on /out/ so I’m looking forward to this. Thanks!

This is Anon Mick reporting for duty.