Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[13 / 3 / ?]

No.782351 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Whatsup /out/
My friends and I have planned a trip for the past 3 months to go to Banff, AB and spend 5 days camping there (3 of hiking 2 of arriving and spending time in neighboring towns)

The group (4 of us) has little hiking experience, unfortunately, but we're planning on taking easy day hike trails like Sunshine Meadows or Lake Louise.

Here's my problem: Everyone in the group is 20, but my parents still express concern for this trip. I know that there's lots of cell phone reception, so I could just activate international calling on my phone. We'd be doing really easy hikes with little elevation change. We could also check in with the visitor center to tell them where we are when we leave to go on a hike. I have bought serious cold-weather gear just in case something happens and we get stranded on a hike. I'll keep bear spray with me and we'll be smart enough to stay on the trails and away from bear country. Additionally I am aware that I can check trail warnings before we even head out on the trails for bears/ticks, etc etc.
I just want them to know that I'm competent and that this is a relatively safe trip (until something goes horribly wrong). I am not sure when the next time I'll have this type of opportunity to travel with my friends, but I want my parents to know that I'll be responsible and I want to do as much as I can to show that I am competent.

The reason I'm coming here is that maybe you guys know something that I don't and could be beneficial to this trip or my little hiking experience?