Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[105 / 19 / ?]

No.783156 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have a 1TB external HD about the size and dimensions of a large smartphone. It contains extremely valuable stuff to me, content from my whole life on there. It's a backup HD. The thing is, I don't trust keeping it in the house, and don't have anyone else to rely on to keep it safe. But I'm living in the countryside, with fields and forests all around. So I intend on hiding the backup HD somewhere outdoors in a safe place no-one will ever find it. This shouldn't be too hard a problem, there are an infinite amount of places to hide the HD. But what are your thoughts on where exactly? Even if you think this is stupid, just as a thought experiment, logically what would be the best place 1. to make sure no-one will ever find the HD 2. keep it in safe condition (dry, intact). If buried underground, what kind of container would be best suited to keep it completely dry, to keep the moisture or other kinds of damp out, to protect from insects or animals, to make sure it won't degrade or break.

Pictures are of the general area.