Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[259 / 152 / ?]

Bear baiting interfering with coyote/Fox trapping?

No.834107 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Just got my Maine trappers license and was planning to do a few Coyote sets, a bunch of culvert sets (because duke 5' traps are cheap) and MAYBE an attempt to snare a bear and spear it.

I'll probably shoot that last one depending on how much balls i can muster and how big it is. The spear i've got is 8 feet but still, i'll probably pussy out on the bear and use a handgun.

The problem is the guys who bear bait to use their hounds to track them down just set up shop in my territory, i can smell that shit half a mile down wind. Basically imagine a open mass grave and you'll understand the smell. Dead Coyotes, rotten meat and rotten seafood spilled out of a 55 gallon drum.

I don't mind them doing this (i plan to trap a Bear myself, i encourage it) but it is where there are a bunch of timber piles that are prime coyote/Fox trapping areas.

If i set up my traps then for the weekend that they bring in their dogs for Bear hunting i'm going to be harvesting hunting dogs and pissed off seasonal hunters.

I don't want to be a dick but this isn't their land, it is common land owned by my road association. They are using our common land and they don't own it nor do they have rights besides the fact that a road association member gave them access.