Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[12 / 3 / ?]

No.902772 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey, /out/. I have dealt with anxiety for most of my life (at least since I was 8 or so). Recently, I've gained a lot of anxiety management skills, but it also occurred to me that much of my fear of others abandoning me (which is a major component of my anxiety) comes from a lack of confidence in my own competence in difficult situations.

I believe that by learning to handle worst-case scenarios, I may be able to develop more confidence in general.

I plan to do the following:

>continue working on distance running (doing couch to 5k right now, still getting in shape)
>get better at swimming
>maybe do some parkour or at least obstacle course training
>get re-certified in first aid and CPR
>learn escapology (escape artistry)
>take up boxing and maybe a grappling art (hey, you never know)

Besides the above, I would like to learn basic outdoor survival skills as well as general disaster preparedness, and learn how to fish, make traps, and otherwise find food in the wilderness.

I also would like to learn how to handle various human-related situations such as being mugged, attacked, or even kidnapped.

The stuff I greentexted above, I know how to learn for myself. As far as wilderness survival and handling disasters and emergencies, is there a book I should read? Should I take some kind of class?

Help me /out/ here.