Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[15 / 4 / ?]

Storm's a-brewin

No.927115 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So it's pre-tornado season where I am, and I'm looking to get into... Not really storm chasing, but rather storm watching for my area. Just being on the lookout if shit goes down, warning people, and helping anyone affected. So, I guess following the storm and picking up after it as much as possible. We get hit March-ish through July, usually, so there is a bit of time but I wanna be prepared beforehand.

I am doing my research, and I have several questions. Mainly, if you are able to provide care for an injured person, are you able to do so without a license/authority? I'm getting my CPR license soon, but I'm not sure I can go through EMT training. Are you protected by the Good Samaritan law in this situation?

Also, would just a cell phone and a radar be enough, or should I invest in a HAM radio? I'm not an idiot, and I'm not going to get up this thing's ass, but is it worth it to call something in on the radio or just stick to the phone? I love weather, and I'd love to study and do more with tornadoes and especially ice storms, but right now I'm not equipped or experienced enough.

Other than that, general extreme storm thread, I guess. Share stories and whatnot. If you're a chaser, what equipment do you use? Or do you think it's a bullshit fad?