Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[85 / 13 / ?]

No.956507 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Is anyone else sick of survivalist/wilderness games and other related media saturating the public consciousness? I've been seeing a serious rise in this trend for the past 10 years. What baffles me is that they just get more and more popular, not less. You'd think spending enough time in virtual-wilderness land would make people get off their asses and get the fuck outside, but no. People are content to sit inside and play make-believe instead of learn some real skills and do something that is relatively easy and far more fucking rewarding.

It's the same reason I find it baffling that there is a massive rise in commercials and advertising trying to sell to the new "outdoors-y" bandwaggoners, who probably own fitbits and go on 2 mile hikes near their city. I'm so fucking tired of seeing this shit everywhere. The reason it makes me so upset is that everyone wants to partake in the beauty and healing quality of being in nature but no one wants to actually change their lifestyle; the way of living that made wilderness fucking scarce in the first place.

Look guys, there is a reason you all beg for this shit every year. YOUR BODY CRAVES WILDERNESS. It's what our bodies AND minds are primarily designed for.

But no, gotta keep the wheels of overabundance going right? Gotta stay comfortably numb. Gotta keep fueling that lukewarm sense of complacency with more shit that you can buy. Never mind that we live in a cesspool of pollution and denial. Never mind that we've ruined most of the water around us. Water is supposed to be generally drinkable you know. Do you think our ancestors had to worry all that much about drinkable fucking water? Yes, people died, but the ones who survived didn't carry genes riddled with fucking defects that made their systems weak to COMMON FUCKING WATER-BORNE PATHOGENS. Fucking christ, we're a stupid lot.

Yes, I mad. And no, I don't want to live as a fucking caveman, I just want balance.