Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[108 / 19 / ?]

No.2591592 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, I really need some help here.. Let me start with the fact that I know nothing about photography but I want a good camera. I'm pretty set on a mirrorless micro 4/3. I'd probably just set it on auto until I figure more out about how to use the more advanced features. I'd like to shoot in RAW or more ideal RAW and JPG simultainously.

I've been looking closely at the Canon E-PL5 as a very strong candidate for what I'm looking for.
The size is good, features good, specs good, general longevity of the life of the camera is good, price within budget $250-$300 new/used off ebay (provided I an find a lens that doesn't cost as much as the camera). Do any of you photography sirs/madam's have any other (or better) suggestions?

One question has been bugging me.. How can I tell that a lens is compatible with a particular camera? Are they all universal? Do the individual manufacturer's have their own connectivity designs? If someone asked me what to get for a computer I would have 2 pages of parts to fit their budget or good reasons to upgrade something or another with 3 relevant suggestions to choose from - but when it comes to photography/cameras it's a whole 'nother animal and my knowlege in this area is severely lacking.

So, help me out here..