Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[40 / 6 / ?]

Never know you love her til you let her go

No.2958834 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
What's her name, /p/? Old tech you go back to after "upgrading". I know you've done it.

Pic related, got it when I was a poorfag student, wanted a body that would meter with MF lenses, and the D200 was still over $1k and the D300 was just coming out.

It's been all over the world and keeps clacking along. Earlier this year I finally upgraded to that D300 I wanted all those years ago since they're dirt cheap after D500 launched. I've been trying to love it and while I know the sensor is superior on paper I'm coming to hate it. Took it out to shoot the fall colors yesterday and all I got were dogshit raws with ugly dull unnatural colors, ugly noisy shadows at base ISO, and ugly tones everywhere. Can't get anything I'm happy out of it. Meanwhile the D2Hs has better colors, especially at higher ISOs, sharper images, better AF modes, better body, better viewfinder, better controls, better battery life, it's faster, and the raws are much more flexible and easy to work with. I'm definitely leaving the D300 behind next time I go shooting.

Stories? Who else is happily living in the past?