Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[75 / 68 / ?]

No.3053925 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey, /p/! I want to share my photos and also some stories. I will write as I go.

It has been a while since I made photos. I never looked up anything technical and just did whatever I wanted. I saw photography as a means to express my, well, hurt teenage soul. That is probably the right way to express it. My life wasn't going very well and I needed a way to release those feelings. I had already done that through stories and music but photography seemed a nice fit. So I took my camera, a horrible thing that made blurry images and stripes everywhere, and went into abandoned building complexes, like military barracks, hospitals, all kinds of ruins devoid of people and in the process of being reclaimed by nature.
Since my camera was shitty I thought I had no choice but to digitally "enhance" the images. Which boiled down to lay digital filter upon filter onto the images. At the time I liked the resulting images. Later I felt stupid for doing that. Later again I thought of them as charming since they represented more feelings than photographic talent. I'm thinking of the images as a kind of expressionism. I often even accompanied the photos with expressionist poems.

I will share the photos for pure nostalgia's sake and because a lot of them are actually interesting because of the motives.

This one is from an abandoned hospital - which would later become well known for a murder that happened there in the 2000's - near Berlin. It has three rooms for surgery that are connected via those little windows or holes.