Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[12 / 2 / ?]

I'm going to do my first photoshooting

No.3068023 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Alright /p/, here's the problem. I was tired of taking portraits of my friends, and my family. I went on the craiglist equivalent we've got here, and emailed girls that wanted a book.

Some responded, and asked about what outfit and makeup they should wear, and that's the problem. I have no freakin idea.
I'll tell them to wear dark clothes (they're mostly white/asian), in order to bring them out. Am I right ?

I'm not a shy, introvert, antisocial person, and I'm comfortable with the idea of meeting someone. But I'm also a bit nervous about it. For example, what directions should I say about the pose ?
For all my portraits, I was focusing on the framing, therefore I let my subject do whatever he wants in front of my camera. It's ok with friends I guess, but here I'll have to step my game up.

Do I talk with them ? Tell them jokes ? Asking about what kind of photos they want ?

I read about fashion photographers like Avedon, Herb Ritts, Erwin Blumenfeld, etc. So I've bit a knowledge about fashion photography.

Technically, I have a 50mm f1.4 equiv and a couple of short manual tele lenses (smc pentax). I'm only working with natural light, I don't use flashlights, but I do have a reflector. I've never had a chance to use it because none of my friend could be an assistant (talkative they'd disturb the shooting).

Based on the photos they put on their profile, it won't be those skinny models type. Not chubby though. Just in between.
What kind of framing or pose should I do in order to showcase them ? Y'all know of those girls are sensitive about their look.

Thank you /p/.