Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[119 / 50 / ?]

Great Modeling Photos Part II: Reviewing the Best

No.3086086 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Part II from this thread >>>3076012

In this thread let's review some professionals' work. I will endeavour to post one or two photos I like, and one or two I don't like, and say why. I'm a noob and that's why I'm here. If I knew everything then there wouldn't be anything to learn. So if I say some stupid things take your best shot to troll me and deal with it.

I think it would be a productive exercise for anyone interested in modeling photography to do the same and we can get a good discussion going.
---------------------------------------------------------
The first photographer: Jan Scholz

Attached photo I love, primarily because of the model's positioning. The leg aggressively pointed at the camera (along with her bent elbow) gives her body an extremely sexual and almost grotesque form. Despite the hard angles of her limbs, her facial expression to me is soft and keeps a feminine quality to the shot. Love the shadows on her left collarbone as well. Softbox to the right of the photographer?

Only things I don't like are that the pattern on the sheets is ever so slightly distracting, and the framed pictures in the background as well. To me, a blank wall would draw more attention to the model.

Question: It seems it's shot on a wide focal length and then cropped. Is that correct? What focal length would you say?