Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[36 / 8 / ?]

NYC /p/ Meetup?!

No.3093964 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>NYC AREA RESIDENTS:
is anyone interested in a /p/ meetup in New York City sometime in the next few weeks? And maybe getting a free camera for attending?

My idea: we could start at K&M, do a little photowalk through the heart of Chinatown, then take a trip over to some more unique destination - I was thinking the track in Queens that they use for horse races and betting. Racetracks are always full of a wide variety of people, and the emotions and tensions running high can lead to some cool, engaging situations! Pic attached is a photo I took at the racetrack in New Orleans LA, for instance.

And the flipside of this post: I own a minolta hi-matic 9. It’s a rangefinder with a 45mm f1.7 prime, built-in meter, hotshoe, ostensibly fully automatic “point and shoot” exposure options (though I don’t know if I’d really trust them), and a whole lot of other goofy bells and whistles - including a surprisingly bright and clean viewfinder that truly makes it easy to compose your shot. It’s missing the battery door compartment - and, of course, a battery - but it ought to work again just as soon as you replace those things.

So if you're getting into shooting film or photography in general for the first time, or you want to play around with a rangefinder for the first time after years of SLR experience, or you love me very much and think that using a camera I used to own will give you good luck? Tell me what’s up if you want the camera, and if we do have a meet up I’ll give it to you!