Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[11 / 4 / ?]

Lens Declick/Repair gone awry

No.3147730 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I might or might not have fucked up.
I just got a Canon FD 50mm 1.4. but once I put it on the adapter I wasn't able to remove it again, so I unscrewed the silver ring with the flanges. I also noticed it couldnt close further than f/11.
I looked into it and decided to declick der Aperture for videowork while I'm at it. After I removed the ball bearing I started to put everything back in its place. I followed a videoguide and the guy just "put everything back into place" which I couldnt do, at the plate that has the switches for the aperture that go into the adapter, I had to pull the bigger switch to bring it into correct position, otherwise it wouldn't work and the aperture wont engage

Now Here's the situation: if I put the plate with the switches into the place the switches work in, the red dot on the plate and the red dot on the outside shell don't alight and I can't attach the lens because the nobs and catches don't line up. if I put the plate into place so that the dots and notches and catches line up, the switches wont work and the aperture stays open. The outer ring that has the red dot doesn't move like with some FD-lenses, it stays fixed and instead the lens is twisted. I checked whether I put the ring on in a wrong rotation but it too doesn't make any sense, because in any other position, the holes for the screws wont line up. The same is true for the flange-ring.

Any help? Any decent videos/site that deal with this?