Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[30 / 7 / ?]

Japan Camera Hunter creating compact 35 mm film camera

No.3158220 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
http://emulsive.org/articles/news/exclusive-japan-camera-hunter-talks-emulsive-new-35mm-compact-camera-project

>“We are going to start running out of compact cameras in about five or 10 years’ time…we’re going to be without a camera that’s easy to use…and in light of not having a compact camera, I guess…well, I’ve been working on something…”

>Some very quick takeaways: an apparently collapsible lens, secondary digital lens, film reminder?, simple control dials, some form of companion app with remote control, viewfinder information and settings.

>" In that article I laid out the case for a new camera and sent out a call to action to the camera manufacturers. I said that I would work with them in any and every way possible to make it a reality. I also said that I would be trying to do it anyway without their support and judging by the total lack of any serious response from the industry, I decided to take my destiny into my own hands."

>What I can say is that the camera will be a premium compact and have a build quality, lens character and set of features to suit. It’ll hopefully be of a metal body design and will definitely come with manual ISO selection

>Beyond that I can tell you that as project mastermind*1, I want to mix and match the best features of compact premium point and shoots from Contax, Minolta, Ricoh and others. Things like custom modes / user profiles, some form of fixed-focus mode and definitely no auto-on flash are really important to me.

>Yes, there will be a companion app but it’s not as simple as that. Although much of this is conceptual right now, you can see that we’re hoping to build something that provides full remote control capabilities. From shutter speed to aperture as well as focus aids and reminder info…amongst other things.

>We are tentatively planning for having a camera and app ready for testing in late 2018 but that’s a timescale based on our current knowledge of the challenges ahead.