Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[32 / 13 / ?]

Being Inspired/finding composition in shitty landscapes?

No.3312252 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I live in an area that seems not too great for landscapes even though that is what I love.
the parks that are anywhere reasonably close (less than 5hrs away), are extremely small and quite uninteresting.
they are flat, have very little subjects, and they all look about the same. it almost seems like there are only 2 locations, the typical plains and the typical forest.
also it doesn't help that getting sunsets and sunrises is impossible since all of the parks open an hour after sunrise and and hour or more before sunset.
is there anyone here who lives in an area with similar situations but is able to find a way around it? what are your tips or tricks you use? also am I wasting my time trying to find compositions by frequenting some of these places? are there actual locations that are just bad for photography, or is it just perspective and learning more?
I really love photography and landscapes but I am finding it harder and harder to get out since I have been to the best forests and plains near me and they really don't have much to offer and I have been to them often and have hiked off the paths and been all other them (even in areas where I don't belong)
I am hoping there is someone who actually has dealt with this and knows a way around it. I have been told before on multiple sites and people, that my best bet is to just move. which is just not an option now, and I don't want my love of photography to die because I didn't move fast enough.