Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[9 / 2 / ?]

No.3326508 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Sup /p/

I recently discovered that I really enjoy taking photos, and my father gave me his Canon Powershot G16 he received as a gift from his work. I know almost nothing about photography though. No experience and no basic knowledge. I just gradually started to enjoy taking photos with my phone and just figured it would be nice to start photography as a hobby.

I started to use the camera three days ago, and I don't really understand it yet. I have many questions about the camera and about photography in general. I'm from /his/ and used to be a /fit/ and /biz/ (before the crypto invasion lol) and I figured /p/ would be a nice place to ask my questions. I've read the sticky and this seems to fit in the rules. I'll post my photos when replying.

I have some questions, feel free to reply to those you want to.

1. I've read that macros are very easy to do with this camera (Canon Powershot G16) and generally a lot harder with other cameras. Why exactly ?

2. I can't focus properly on objects that are more than 1 meter away from me. I have tried to adjust the settings manually but I can't figure it out.

3. I have friends who work in big events and they say they always need photographers. I also have some friends who would like good quality photos for their modeling pages. Is this camera potentially good enough to rivalize against professional photographers and "make my way" to the semi-professional scene ?

4. I don't personally smoke, but I love to take macros and nice photos of cannabis. Should I put them on my Instagram/social media accounts, or I should avoid this kind of photos ?

5. I really need to learn how to do portraits. Any suggestions on a video or a guide to read?

6. I don't know how my camera settings work exactly. Any suggestions on a video or a guide to read about that ? There is so many things, and I feel like I haven't found all the settings yet. I don't exactly know what does what and I'm pretty lost.

Thanks for answering !