Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[192 / 39 / ?]

UFOLOGY gear thread

No.3327386 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Pic related it's one of own OC.
Brief history, i have a background in photography, used to go a lot of places with an EOS 40D. I did mainly concert gigs, and am familiar with low light conditions and ISO functions etc. Eventually my camera broke down and i stopped being a photographer.

Now i'm 27, and i've had about 7 years worth of experience with UFOS. The sad thing is, i've been trying to record them with my potato phone. It is beyond a joke. The sensor doesn't even register starlight even if i max out the sensor. (we get the point).

So i have a spare EOS 20D body, i attached a lens to it, and i tried taking photos of ufos with it (out of despair).
Obviously taking photo stills of ufos is not a great way to document actual credible evidence of ufos.

Now, an anon from /x/ has offered to buy me a camera to record with. I said right off the bat that a video dslr seems to be the best option, but obviously these are expensive, and i wish not to be a financial burden to someone who would extend their gratitude.

I thought it would be wise to ask about it here. I'm not very much up to date on the prices or capabilities of video dslrs nowadays.
I was also wondering if there are other options to video dslr? Is 3ccd night vision worth looking into or is that a gimmick?

I need something that can record both nearby craft and faraway stars (background light phenomenon. Lightspeed entry vehicles. I've seen one burned onto my retina one time. Full detail.)

TL;DR
What vdslr or other recording option best for UFOLOGY and within reasonable price range for beggatry tier anon. :)
Thanks in advance!!