Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[21 / 3 / ?]

Sister dropped my lens

No.3411730 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
> at mom's for Christmas
> got gear with me because trip to Italy coming up
> nice light out, decide to take some snaps of view outside second floor window
> neatly put everything back in camera backpack but not zipped up yet, still some filters to put back
> backpack is on chair
> sister decides she's going to sit there and tries to lift backpack up
> Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II falls out on stone floor

I quickly went to check it and the manual focus felt very rigid. Then I noticed the front part with the focus ring was sticking slightly out at one side, exposing a small band of metal. I pushed on it until it snapped back and the lens seems to auto-focus okay again. It looks okay through the viewfinder, but I have the impression that some parts away from the center are out of focus. If everything's sharp in the center, when I move the lens up there's a "band" where things seem blurrier and then as they get to the edge of the viewfinder they seem to get sharper again.
What's the chance this lens is royally fucked? I feel really bad about this, bros. I got it second-hand and it's only a plastic fantastic so it's not a huge loss, but still... I only took a couple of pictures with it too so far. Can't quickly test it because I'm a fag who only shoots film and I don't have a DSLR.
I guess it's really my fault for not immediately zipping the bag and putting it out of harm's way, but for fuck's sake. Could have been worse, I guess. I have a Canon EOS 50E in there that's quite mint and a 22-55mm that would've been a bigger pain to replace. But still. Also, post times someone else fucked your gear and pics for this feel.