Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[34 / 9 / ?]

Worried about street photography

No.3551734 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I've had my camera for about a week now and I've taken plenty of landscape shots, but I want to try street photography. The problem is that I'm worried that people are just going to shout at me, and I'll spend half of the day deleting pictures for people.

I know all of the "basics" of street photography in terms of how to behave myself, being discreet and all that, but I can't imagine it going well for me, despite all of the videos on YouTube of people doing it without a problem. I live in Berlin, and the people here are very cold and unfriendly, and I don't think anyone would take kindly to having a camera pointed in their direction, let alone actually having a picture taken with them as the subject. Not to mention the all of the data protection laws... (although street photography is protected as an art form under German law so I shouldn't run into legal trouble)

I don't have much confidence as it is since I'm new to photography, and as much as I want to try shooting on the streets, I just feel like it's not going to go well, with people worst case scenario confronting me and getting mad, and best case scenario they look directly into the camera, ruining that candid, in-the-moment feel of the shot

pic unrelated