Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[90 / 32 / ?]

PHOTO 101 LESSON 01

No.3642017 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Alright, a brief intro and then down to brass tacks. This week, I am going to be launching PHOTO 101. This is a perfect time for a new challenge, as most of us have more free time than usual, and I've noticed a lot of beginners around these parts who could use some help.

WHAT IS THIS: PHOTO 101, a weekly lesson or challenge centered around a technical aspect or technique in photography, rather than a thematic subject. So far, I have 12 lessons planned, and I will release them either weekly or biweekly, depending on the volume of activity

WHO IS THIS FOR: Beginners and advanced photographers alike. Beginners will definitely find some of these aspects more helpful than advanced photographers, but advanced photographers might find some of the technical restrictions more challenging and might help spark creativity. The goal in the end is to challenge and educate.

WHERE DID YOU GET THESE: A lot of these are cribbed straight from various Photo 101 syllabuses and rubrics. Others are creations of my own that I found helpful.

WHAT DO I SHOOT: Unless it's dictated by the challenge, you can shoot whatever you want. This is more concerned about HOW you shoot, more than WHAT you shoot. You should always shoot NEW photos, however. The goal is to create new work, not rummage through your old work for something that might fit the parameters of the week's lesson.

HOW DO I PRESENT THESE: Because the ultimate goal is education, you should present your photos with EXIF intact. You will be graded on your adherence to the parameters set by the lesson. For extra credit, turn in a contact sheet with your work prints. You are allowed to present as many photos as you'd like, but try to turn in your best prints. Leave the contact sheets for the "rest" of them. Each lesson will have 5 goals graded according to difficulty and scored along the usual RPG loot table (common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary). Turn in all five for double secret extra credit.

ANYWAY ON TO THE LESSON: