Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[34 / 3 / ?]

No.3654911 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm a complete retard when it comes to cameras. I need help picking out a decent one for some basic purposes.
I heard pic related is good? It's the Panasonic Lumix G7

The current camera: Canon Vixia HF R700
Low light performance is awful. Onboard mic is terrible. It does shoot 1080/60 but the battery is abysmal. About an hour+ or so per battery and the charging time is abhorrent. Bought it years ago, it has served its purpose.

I do amateur Youtube videos. I mainly review products in very still shots. These videos don't make me much money so I'm not trying to heavily invest here because I won't make the money back. This is more of a hobby thing that makes a tiny bit of cash. The only movement in these videos would be my hands and showing the product off or focusing on packaging text. A good interface to understand would also help a lot. Also interested in capturing the HDMI-out for livestreams.

I'm willing to spend 300-400 bucks for everything I need not counting a good, external mic. I'd like to be to attach something like an 11 inch shotgun mic to this thing.

Also if it matters I am interested in doing some hobby videos using POV shots revolving around cooking (someone I know is willing to help record/hold the camera). This means there will be a lot of movement. If I can get a camera that exceeds in both these areas I will absolutely drop a bit more. I do want to actually take the time to learn how to use something like this as a skill as well. But I also want to see an immediate bump in quality first and foremost from what I'm using