Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[92 / 21 / ?]

Upgrade from GX85/MFT?

No.3654957 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Looking to shoot stills and continue making short films. I’ve had the GX85 for 3 years now and taken thousands of photos and while it’s treated me well I feel like it might be time to upgrade. I’m tired of the mediocre DOF for portraits, I feel like Panasonic color is always a bit flat and lifeless, and I can never get WIIIIDE enough with MFT without also getting awful distortion. Same problem with my Ricoh GR I’ve had for years, I see a beautiful landscape, take GR out of pocket and snap pic, look at photo, and the perspective is fucked and distant.

Medium format is the dream but for now I’ll probably have to settle for APS-C or FF especially for video. The main options I’m debating are
1) Cheap out and get 45mm f1.2 and try to get nicer DOF/portraits with that. Maintain portability and rest of my lenses (12-35 f2.8, 20mm f1.7)
2) Fuji XT-3/4. APS-C, decent size/portability, good image quality, but IBIS is non-existent in 3 and apparently not great in 4, supposedly Fuji RAWs sucks (and that’s all I shoot in)
3) Sony FF (a7s II?) Full frame, good low light performance, but lenses are heavy and expensive, video seems to be eh in daylight, and Sony interface sucks balls
4) Panasonic S1H? Don’t know too much about this but I’ve heard it’s got a bit of hype behind it

Any recommendations? Should I stick to my current setup and just buy longer+faster lenses for now? Jump to APS-C or FF?