Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!R20uMSYGKKc
[42 / 12 / ?]

!!R20uMSYGKKc No.3830033 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
One of the reasons camera companies are struggling is because they prioritize technological innovation and who has the better "specs" camera instead of marketing photography as a fun and enjoyable hobby for everyone. They still have the old company structure wherein boomers gets to have the say in every business decision.

They weren't able to make "photography" as a fun hobby for millennials and zoomers. Back in the 70's and 80's boomers told me that a lot of people are into photography. Maybe because vidya games weren't a thing but still, for me photography is more fun than vidya but the camera companies wasn't able to market their cameras nor make "photography" a cool hobby.

Film photography made a resurgence even though it is old technology. These film buyers won't buy the latest mirrorless though. Yes smartphones killed the consumer market but the camera companies should at least still make a product suited for families and ordinary consumer. Their marketing sucks ass. If the Yashica digishit camera made $1M funding on kickstarter, why can't they create and sell a $100 retro looking camera that produces photos with instashit filters that can easily be uploaded on social media. Pay Kardashian or some influencer to market that shit camera.

They all know that the reason they were afloat all these time was due to the consumer point and shoots and cheapest SLR/DSLR. Targeting pros was a bad strategy for all camera companies. There are pros I know who still shoot with a trusty D40 and won't upgrade. The hobbyists are the ones spending money on camera gear. But we know the trend in photography of shaming gear whores.

I'm just throwing some ideas out here. I don't want another camera company to die ;_; Sorry this seems like a rant.