Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[330 / 68 / ?]

/stupid/

No.3898639 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
ITT: Stupid questions
I'll start off with a few, starting from most important to descending order of priority.
1) What is the best way to scan in film prints? I have never had to do this before so I don't know what I would want. Would it be fine just to use a regular printer scanner? Is it worth paying out for professional scans if I'm just going to post the pics to the socials? I'm probably going to shoot digital so I probably don't need to buy any new equipment.
2) My current setup is the Sony Alpha-100 with the kit lens. I'm overall happy with it for amateur shooting but I know there are limitations with using a 15 year old camera, and I have the money and time this summer to invest in shiny new equipment. Would it be worth buy a whole new camera or should I just start with trying out new lenses? Is /p/ a good place to ask gear related questions or should I go to a local camera shop instead? I'm thinking if I want a new camera, it would be something smaller (not a point&shoot) that would be easy to take around for street photos/urban landscapes (rather than something super bulky and obvious), and also handles well in low-light conditions. My current camera doesn't have a very high ISO (max is 1600) and the resolution doesn't look good for landscapes despite me trying to shoot with high aperture settings and long exposures (although it could be I just don't know how to take proper landscapes). I also only shoot in manual and try to do all of my editing on a computer using the raw files, so a camera that is aimed more at durability and practicality rather than having bells and whistles for boomers and dumbasses would be preferred. If it would be better to buy a new lens, I tend to prefer wide-angle shots, so something fancy in the 35-18mm range that works with my camera (whether or not its fixed doesn't matter too much to me). I haven't done a ton of research and don't know much about gear