Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[26 / 4 / ?]

No.3935051 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I come from film and would like to invest 300€ (what I have) or a little more (in the future) in a digital camera (**mainly as a hobby and a bit for documentating stuff**). As for features, I'd like to get an as bigger sensor as possible since it'd mean the least amount of loss from the lenses I already have and love (OM Zuikos, Helios, etc...). I don't care about video performance and I don't care about IBIS or AF. I have experience with the X-S10 and OM-D EM-5, but they still feel big to me. My film cameras are an OM-1 and a 35RC.

From my research, I understand that while bigger sensors are a thing on a lot of DSLR, FF DSLR are more expensive and way more cumbersome to take around. I don't see myself strolling around with a D800 or the likes. I was originally attracted by the X-Pro1 because of its compactness, the OVF/EVF and because of the X-Trans 1 (that hear-say that the X-Pro1 has some kind of film "soul" to the pictures it takes). And pretty much made up my mind on it, but I realise I might want something else that's also APS-C and small. Though, the fact that EVFs are a thing, makes me want to get the smallest camera possible since I don't need a prism anymore, and therefore should be able to use a rangefinder as, pretty much, an SLR.

Which brings me to my question : do you think the X-Pro1 would be a good investment or should I get something else ? if so, what ?