Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[20 / 18 / 6]

Wales

No.4077150 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm going to Wales next week and I wonder what gear I should bring. I'll mostly do landscape and macro but will probably need most of my photo backpack (Shimoda Explore 30 L) for clothes and stuff. I'll also have to carry my tent, sleeping bag and sleeping mat (altogether 3 kg) so I'd like to keep things down to the essentials.

My options are

>Fuji X-S10
>Fuji X-T20 (the rubber's coming loose so I'd rather send that one in for repair while I'm away)
>Fuji XF 10-24 mm f/4
>Fuji XF 18-55 mm f/2.8-4
>Fuji XF 27 mm f/2.8
>Fuji XF 50 mm f/2
>Fuji XF 55-200 mm f/3.5-5.6
>Fuji XF 80 mm f/2.8 macro
>Gitzo Traveler GT2545 travel tripod
>Leofoto LS223C mini tripod
>Novoflex macro rail (it'll likely be cold in the mornings so I'm tempted to bring it but it's heavy as fuck)
>Godox macro flash + XPro trigger
>Wimberley plamp

My plan is to hike about 20 km per day and shoot on the hike. I will start in Bangor and work my way south towards Abergavenny, but I haven't booked anything beyond day 1 yet and will likely make up my plans on the go. I'll be in Cardiff on the last 2-3 days to meet some friends, so the 50 mm f/2 would be nice to have with me but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Thoughts? Also tips for things to photograph other than Snowdon/Cader Idris?

Will be posting old (South) Wales pics so that this doesn't devolve into a pure gear thread. Pic related is on the way up to Pen y Fan in the Brecon Beacons, I love these pastoral 18th century landscapes