Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[125 / 17 / 33]

/dg/ - Darktable General

No.4219153 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Anybody using it?
I am a freetard, so it is the first (and only, for a while) RAW developer I have used.
I tried Lightroom Classic for a trial period, and while it was nice how simple it was and the AI tools it has, it felt so limiting. It made me realize how nice of a piece of software Darktable is. It seems really powerful in comparison to Lightroom Classic. I haven't tried Capture One, so dunno how that stacks up.
I wasn't there for the earlier versions and workflows, and have only been using the scenic workflow, which is what we are supposed to do, as far as I can gather. It works really well, and I can the edits make sense to me.
First I adjust the exposure, contrast, black and white points and tone curve. Then colors with color balance RGB for saturation, and color zones for changing some colors if needed. Lastly, I use whatever is needed from the last tab, such as lens correction, sharpening, noise reduction etc.
I feel like I am able to get better results with Darktable, and the results look more natural, wheras Lightroom Classic has a tendency to look weird when I do it
Anybody else using Darktable? How do you find it?