Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[99 / 14 / ?]

I will never shoot film

No.4363193 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I don't take pictures with a film camera because I don't enjoy the slow and methodical thinking approach to photography.

I want to take a photo, review it in camera, then change settings and see how that looks.

I understand a lot of you are very professional and can do this with your imagination, but that's not for me. I don't want to wait 48 hours to get it developed and see if my imagination is correct. I don't want to me limited to so small amount of photos.

I like to take photos. It makes me go outside, it gives me something to do, it gets me to explore, it makes me happy. I don't care if I'm not going to be an artist, I don't even want to roleplay as one by shooting film or having a successful thematic instagram page.

I don't care if digital will not give me the best quality. Most film photos are scanned with a digital sensor anyway, so that doesn't matter in the end, it's just one step more to getting the same image.

I went on a date with a Art History student, who is interested in photography and by the end of our photo date she laughed at me for being a pleb, for not doing photography like "it's meant to be".

I might not be very good, but that's okay. We all approach things in the life differently.

Have a blessed day, anons! :)