Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[10 / 2 / 9]

Stories from a /pw/ user who grew up a clueless mark in the 00s

No.10499602 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
one of my friends convinced me to play Day of Reckoning 2 on the GameCube at Roger's video, i thought Shawn Michaels was a gay stripper and i was genuinely uncomfortable with his entrance. I didn't know who Austin or Rock were and thought Austin was handicapped for wearing braces. The only wrestler i recognized were Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan, kids always tried the sharpshooter on the trampoline and it hurt like hell. In 2007 at the time the most popular wrestlers at school were Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio and Undertaker by a mile, one time during the Benoit murders our elementary school teacher mentioned Hogan, Savage and Taker as wrestlers and mocked us for liking a "fake sport". Jericho's return in 2007 drew lots of hype and i remember my older friends marking out over his return though i didn't recognize him since i never watched AE until later, fans went nuts over it, nobody cared about Triple H or Shawn's return. Everyone hated Edge's fucking guts and seethed whenever he won the belt, nobody watched Raw at all only Smackdown. Batista was very popular, even moreso than Cena who rarely got mentioned as a fan favourite.