Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[30 / 3 / 22]

ERIC BISCHOFF: "AEW All In Was Indie-Riffic"

No.11343138 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
While speaking on the 83 Weeks podcast, Eric Bischoff shared his thoughts on the AEW All In event and made it clear he wasn’t a fan of the distinct lack of singles matches, adding that the event had too many gimmick matches. He then stated that the event was simply too indie-riffic for him.

>When you don’t have story, you put on a spectacle, and this was a spectacle,” Bischoff said. “You had 81,000-plus fans, it was a beautiful venue. There were some great production shots, not as many as I thought I’d see. I didn’t think they put the event over quite as much as I think they could have or should’ve, but that’s probably being slightly over-critical. The lack of individual matches and the drama that usually comes with it because there’s story, there’s psychology in a match — even if there isn’t a backstory leading into the match, the match itself can have story, which is fine.”

>Bischoff added, “I was pretty supportive of Tony and AEW going into not having a lot of build-up into the event, and I still am. But I think the takeaway would have been better had there been more singles matches that had great psychology in the ring. We didn’t see that. What we saw was a lot of gimmick matches. Everything but the main event was a gimmick match, I think. Just too much. Too, too, too indie. It’s too indie-riffic. Even though it was in front of 80,000 people, it was too indie-riffic for me.”