Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[4 / 1 / 1]

I fucking love AEW so much

No.14989385 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
They're revolutionary. I absolutely love how inclusive they are to various wrestling styles, they're breaking down the barriers set up by the WWE and other boomer promotions. Wrestlers *shouldn't* be hypermasculine meatheads full of steroids, that's stupid boomer propaganda of yesteryear and guys like Adam Cole and The Young Bucks proved all of them wrong. Wrestling doesn't need silly childish storylines either, it's a performance art and the stories should be told through the performance. Everyone knows it's fake anyway, so the only story that just *makes* sense is two guys competing to see who the better in-ring worker is.
We also can't forget just how much AEW has done for marginalized groups. No other big company would've hired Transfolk, and can you guess what AEW did? Not only did they hire more than one Transperson, they also had one of them as the Women's Champion which is the most empowering thing I can think of lol. Hell, their current WORLD CHAMPION is a Person of Color, something that rarely happens in the WWE. Not to mention that the Women's division gets much more TV time than it does in other promotions, and I was also surprised to see how many wrestlers on the roster are openly Queer. I think it really is the Revolution and the company of tomorrow and time will show that they're on the right side.