Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[91 / 9 / 1]

Booker T DEFENDS Triple H's controversial comments about Black Wrestlers

No.16014433 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
At the WWE Bad Blood Post-Show Press Conference, Triple H was asked about the criticism concerning the lack of diversity, especially the absence of Black talent at the event. He responded by saying that he doesn’t judge wrestlers based on their color, nationality, or gender—he only focuses on their talent. Triple H stressed that for him, it’s all about the wrestlers’ abilities, not representation.

On his Hall of Fame podcast, Booker T addressed this topic directly, acknowledging the historical bias against black wrestlers in the industry. While he recognized that such bias has existed, he disagreed with the notion that race plays a role in Triple H’s creative decisions.

Booker T pointed out that the wrestling world has traditionally had more white wrestlers than black wrestlers, which impacts representation. He argued that decisions about who appears on shows should be based on talent and relevance to the storyline, questioning whether any black wrestlers were involved in significant angles that justified their inclusion in the event.

Booker T compared the wrestling business to a “merry-go-round,” noting that visibility can vary over time. Ultimately, Booker T expressed his belief that talent is the primary factor, stating that those who are skilled will naturally rise to the top, regardless of their race.

>“Has there been bias in the wrestling business, in the wrestling company before? Yes, there has. … But do I think it’s race-related or anything like that, or someone being belittled on purpose? I don’t.

>Then I’m gonna say, okay, what guys are we talking about that we saying that should be on the pay-per-view? Are they in any angles to warrant a reason for being on the pay-per-view?

>I don’t think it’s a black and white thing, I don’t think it’s a race thing at this stage of the game. I think if you’re talented enough, if you’re good, cream is gonna rise to the top every time.”