Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[20 / 4 / 17]

MJF's promo meant a lot to this ADD-riddled Jew boy

No.4651048 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Before you jump in this post and go "nyeeeh he's working you, mark," I am fully aware that he is going to break my heart about this by the time we hit Revolution. I'm speaking more to the reality that is fueling this storyline.

As the title states, like Maxwell himself, I'm a Jewish guy in my early twenties that has a litany of learning disabilities and mental conditions (ADD, depression, an anxiety disorder, dysgraphia, etc.) that struggled severely in school. I didn't have any friends growing up (still kind of don't) and books / video games / professional wrestling were my escape from a difficult home life. I grew up in a very religious and conservative community and was bullied severely for being Jewish; I didn't have rolls of quarters thrown at me, but I did get beaten up occasionally, had monopoly money thrown my way on a semi-regular basis (joke's on you - New York Avenue's mine for the taking bitch), and had people draw on lizard eyes in my yearbook among other things.

Where MJF and I differ are our respective passions and levels of success. While I do love pro wrestling and trained for a while, I'm more of a fan. My passion is storytelling. I'm obsessed with all forms of it - literature, film, interactive media, etc. I desperately want to write an epic that will leave a mark on people the same way the stories I consumed growing up are much of the reason I'm still around. Unfortunately, I am not the "future" of my respective field like MJF is. I'm still trying to get my foot in the door, find a literary agent, get my manuscript published somewhere, etc. It's been rough goings lately trying to make that dream a reality. My aforementioned mental stuff makes it very hard to believe in myself and my work. My partner would kill me if she knew this, but it's been bad enough that I've felt like giving up entirely more than once, and just going back to school and work as a chef in the meantime.