Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[51 / 8 / 36]

Do you think AEW is on a downward spiral?

No.5485169 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
This is the promotion that boasted it would top Raw in ratings eventually. They’ve got Punk. They’ve got Bryan. They’ve got Ambrose. They’ve got Jericho. The Hardy’s. Even brought Sting back from the dead. Yet their television ratings have a hard time staying over a million (if you talk a big game, I don’t want excuses for being a new company).

Their champions don’t feel like champions. Look at Adam Page compared to Roman Reigns and the presentation is ten times different. Look at RKBro and Usos compared to the tag champs. Look at Bianca and Charlotte compared to the women’s division in AEW.

Their product is all over the place. Never anytime for anything to breathe. Always rushing the next moment or banger to television. Storytelling is rarely done, and most matches are just fantasy booked together. Way too much blood and overused hardcore gore.

Finally, they have no interest in growing or improving the audience. “Forbidden Door” is going to cater to the hardcore fans. Guys like Danhausen have no meaning to casuals or new fans. CM Punk has said himself there is no casual fan. They’re a niche product that lives in a bubble and thinks their way is the only way. It’s not for fans like myself who never watched indie wrestling. It’s for hardcores who think the product should stay how it is. You’ve got an unapologetic owner who has to rant about anti AEW criticism.

The Discovery Warner merger only raises more questions. I have to wonder if people are already growing tired of their song and dance. The product to me is stagnating and falling apart.