Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[39 / 11 / 24]

No.5746176 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
As a Black Wrestling Fan, I Must Say That WWE’s Handling of the Sasha Banks and Naomi Situation Is Very Unsettling

As we all know, Sasha Banks and Naomi’s suspension and being stripped of the Women’s Tag Team Championships was announced on television last night by Michael Cole, and the company’s words being spoken by him made me feel uneasy.

I KNOW there is a precedent with how they’ve handled walkouts before from Ultimate Warrior to Stone Cold Steve Austin to CM Punk, and I should expect them to treat Sasha and Naomi no different. I know that. However, just because they’re known for doing this doesn’t mean that it’s right. It wasn’t right then, it wasn’t right now.

As a Black person who deals with various issues in Corporate America, this hits home in a different way. Seeing the slander and disrespect from the company and their blatant lies in an attempt to get ahead of the situation and save face are extremely triggering. It reminds me that they don’t value Sasha Banks and Naomi as human beings, only merely as capital. It’s even more triggering when you’ve seen unprofessionalism from talent such as Brock Lesnar or Charlotte Flair, neither of whom received any public condemnation for their actions, but they’ve gone out of their way to make Sasha and Naomi look bad.

It’s all just disheartening, tacky, and classless above all else and makes me want to stop viewing their product altogether.